Tips and Tricks
"The whole process was so much easier and less painful than I ever could have imagined."
The Key to Success is teaching your child independent sleep....
SLEEP TRAINING FUNDAMENTALS
- Start with a consistent bedtime routine at the right time. This helps your baby know what is coming next, so it's not a surprise when it's time to go to sleep. This does not have to be a very lengthy or detailed process. It can just be a bath/washing up, pjs, and a book. Some parents include a lullaby or a baby massage. The important part is not necessarily what it entails but that its the same routine at the same time every night. Your baby will become expectant of this routine and know what is coming next.
- Make sure your child has a sleep-friendly environment. The room must be dark (either blackout curtains or a blanket works). Your child should be in cozy Pj's, or a swaddle depending on their age. Make sure the room is not too hot or too cold. When you are just right and cozy in your bed you sleep much better too!
- The most important piece of this is putting your baby down drowsy but awake. Teaching your baby to fall asleep on their own is the biggest hurdle to overcome, but it is also what makes all the difference. If your baby is using a prop to fall asleep (nursing, pacifier, rocking etc.) they will need it to go back to sleep when they wake in the night.
- Just like us, babies go through many sleep cycles through the night. When they are not taught how to fall asleep on their own they often wake while transitioning through these cycles and can not return to sleep independently.
- The way to make sure you are teaching your baby how to sleep through the night is to find a sleep training method or program that suits your needs. Sleep training takes a little work and usually some guidance and consistency goes a long way. There is nothing wrong with needing help. Too many parents accept that this is how babies sleep and think there is no other way.
- There are many different methods out there ranging from letting your baby cry and fall asleep out of pure exhaustion to the most gentle of methods involving minimal tears. As the parent, you need to make the decision as to what works best for you.
- I like to implement gentle training methods to get your child sleeping through the night with the least stress and tears possible.
- If you are looking for one-on-one help for YOUR babies UNIQUE situation I would be 'over the moon' excited to help. View my packages
If you have any questions about what I do or are interested in getting started contact me.
20% off On Baby dee dee Sleep Nest Here